Coffee is an integral part of the daily life of most people around the world. In almost every neighborhood there are shops that serve your favorite drink. Wouldn't it be great to be able to enjoy an equally aromatic and delicious coffee in the comfort of your own home? And of course, serve a coffee to friends and guests that will leave them speechless! It makes sense that in the beginning you will face some challenges. But with daily testing and the right tools you can become a perfect (home) barista. It is certain that the result will surprise you as well. To begin with, you need to know that a good cup of coffee requires persistence and patience. If you have these, you can continue to buy the necessary tools and in the future grow your collection.
Let's see what it's just to stand out… in your career as a home barista.
- Coffee Machine – Brewing method is important to have a reliable coffee machine that will allow you to highlight the delicious coffee profile you are preparing. After choosing the espresso machine or the filter extraction method that represents you and proceed to its purchase, carefully read the instructions and make sure that you understand them.
- Coffee grinder: In case freshly grounded coffee wins you over, all you have to do is get your own grinder. Freshly ground coffee tastes better, as it is richer in aromas. In addition, you can grind it as much as you want, depending on your taste or the extraction method you use. There are manual and electric mills on the market.
- Thermometer: When we talk about making coffee, even the smallest detail counts. Particularly important for the quality of coffee, and especially espresso, is the water temperature. Even if you use a kettle for hot water, you should check its temperature. That is why the thermometer is considered an essential tool. In addition, the thermometer will give you more control when inflating milk in case you drink cappuccino.
- Scale: A scale is definitely necessary in the kitchen. And if you haven't used it yet, now is the time to do so. The right amount of coffee that you should put in each cup not only improves the quality of the drink, but also makes the result more stable. Remember that a few grams can make a difference. In addition, when measuring the coffee you avoid throwing away some of it, so it’s a great money saver.
- Presses: Pressing espresso is one of the factors that turn an espresso into a proper espresso. The common name for this procedure call tamping. The reason is to create the right space for water to pass through.
- Coffee: Quality coffee is the foundation of a perfect drink. That's why it's important to choose the right one. But you can experiment between the different varieties and blends in order to be able to recognize their peculiarities and come up with your favorite.
- THE GRAIL (SPECIALTY COFFEE BLEND): Its delicious profile is honeycomb, grapefruit, milk chocolate and sweet citrus with a strong aftertaste and full body.
- RWANDA GITESI: Very nice acidity and balance with a jam structure. The taste has notes of peach, roasted coconut, lemon, rose and red berries, followed by bitter notes of mango and grapefruit.
- KENYA GITHEMBE: Extremely fragrant: high quality, salty pistachio and amazing flowers. Dried black currant, myrrh, lavender. Delicate syrupy sensation in the mouth. Complex finish between savory and sweet. Raspberries and rhubarb are present.